USA 24c Inverted Jenny & envelope?

Stampboards has 1000s of regular readers who WILL take the time to help out even with the most basic question. If you are new to stamps - or taking up the hobby after a long break, there is a lot to learn. PLEASE do not be shy in asking the simplest of questions .. members here will be delighted to help you with the answers!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Re: Inverted Jenny & envelope?

Post by admin »

Willis .. one FINAL warning. (Please google the word FINAL) to please stop wasting everyone's time on this fictional nonsense and act like a useful member of this community, or you will not longer be part of it.

You have asked on USA Bulletin boards if your Jenny stamp is genuine, and a member there who has sold genuine copies showed you it was FAKE, and told and showed you WHY it was FAKE.

To which you responded maybe you'd list it on ebay, and you had the cheek to describe it up there as:

"Here I am selling an Inverted jenny, is it fake?? I don't know"

Chill out, and do not assume folks here are idiots please, as you have been comprehensively proven wrong on that so far.

As for all your common pre 1960 stamps posted above ("lots of google checking") they undoubtedly came from this 10 quid ebay purchase of junk last week -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290284989712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I were you I'd think VERY carefully about the content of your next post. :idea:
pertinax
Author - 'Best Thread Of All Time' as voted by our members

Post by pertinax »

GOTCHA!!

This pair of stamps:

was bought by willis8732 on 28 December here:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160240657521" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was then relisted by brand new eBay user penny_stamp_sale on 2 January here:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180317821448" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BUT, if one searches what willis has bid on, lo and behold, he's bid on the relisting.

Willis, bidding on your own stuff is both against eBay rules and illegal in many parts of the World. The above incontrovertably proves this is what you have done. I am reporting you to eBay - expect to be deregistered by eBay forthwith!!

May I suggest that others report as well:

https://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype= ... ationDate=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Copy these details into the form:

Item Nos: 160240657521 180317821448
Seller's ID: penny_stamp_sale
Shill ID: willis8732
Details:
Item bought by willis8732 on 28 Dec.
Relisted on 2 Jan by penny_stamp_sale, the listing of which was then shilled by willis8732.
vincit omnia pertinax virtus
admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

Well spotted Scott. :)

Well after that little trick willis8732 is no longer Registered here .. we have all wasted time enough with his deceptive nonsense I think.

I note with interest his statement on the new account - penny_stamp_sale - that he admits to having another ebay account (pretty stupid!) and says he is going the list the "Mulready" at 1d that he just paid 18 quid for. A financial genius Willis is not it seems!

Maybe he thinks he can shill it up past 18 quid? I doubt he'll reach his aim of a "Power Seller"! :twisted: :twisted:

This is a pair of penny blue's I am aware they are worth £150+.as with all my auctions the bidding will start at a penny (even a Mulready advertising item with a penny black on will start at 1p with no reserve!! So add me to your favorite sellers and watch this space!)

P.s This is my Ebay business account so please do not pay attention to the low feedback at the moment as I plan on power selling, I am an entrepreneur who is starting out so please give me the benefit of doubt. ( I have another account with over 150+ 100% positive feedback)
pertinax

Post by pertinax »

He clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

If he'd looked further around he could have picked up a pair of blues in about that condition for about a fiver!
vincit omnia pertinax virtus
fromdownunder
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by fromdownunder »

willis8732 wrote:So... no one here is a expert?...... And I thought i would save myself a few quid ...closest experts to me are london,i have only been collecting about 3 weeks.All i understand of the stamps I have is they are pre 1960 (alot of google checking)To me they are just old pictures
And i thought or consider glen to be an expert as he has a few....
Willis, nobody is an expert without the physical piece of paper sitting in front of them. A scan of a stamp cannot nor ever will be expertised or certified by anybody. Anybody can post a scan of anything, and with modern software can create anything which can look very realisitic.

But all you can get here is advice, not expertisation. So far the bulk of the advice appears to scream "fake". And seeing scans of some of the other stamps you purchased in the bulk lot, all of which can be found in most standard Kiddie Kollections, I really doubt that a legit. inverted Jenny would find it's way into these sort of floor sweepings.

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain
David Benson
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by David Benson »

methinks Willis has been telling porkies,

take a look at his feedback,

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&us ... 11.c0.m198" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alles OK ! Danke ! Seller: lagygirly ( 778) 10-Jan-09 13:08
USA , Mi.No.250 I ,Jenny Standing on its head , unused (#200294635024) -- View Item

David B.
admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

David, do try and keep up. ;)
admin wrote:
Willis - We also now know you bought a similar looking forged "Inverted Jenny" Mint for $US15 off an ebay German seller lagygirly 2 weeks back, (shown below) that you had not ever mentioned to us you bought until members here discovered the sale. My guess is the one above you also bought at the same time, from the same ebay seller lagygirly, as they look near identical. (Can someone please email this thread link to lagygirly - she might stop listing this stuff, if she knows it is being discussed, and she is not complying with ebay rules re marking fakes for sale.)

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200294635024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200291049529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage
A USA expert has confirmed to Admin that the stamp you show above does NOT match any of the known 100 genuine Jenny's, therefore it is certainly a fake.
David Benson

Post by David Benson »

Glen,

missed that one, most probably he asked for a quantity discount,

I have had a busy week and not at home much as well as a few blackouts for the last few days. it's the fault of all the people who have their air conditioning on for 24/7.

p.s. I dread getting my next electricity bill,

David B.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Well don't I feel like a fool, after all the googling and link posting I did on this thread.
What a waste of time and effort this person was.

My question is what was the point ?
If he bought it knowing it was a fake, why come here and pretend not to know what it was :evil:

Skippy

Collecting - Stamps, poster stamps and covers that feature Kangaroos.
Wanted: Illustrated Tourist cover of "Waratah Park", Sydney, NSW. Australia
mgb
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by mgb »

Maybe he was looking for a forum to entertain the idea it might possibly be real, so he can link to it from an eBay listing and infer some level of validity, so as to boost the price from the bunnies... Oh that's right, that's what happened.

He really needs to rethink whether he's in the same hobby as us... Stamp Collecting isn't the same hobby as Catching eBunnies. To think, he's trying to be a power selling by buying floor sweepings and speculating what they could be individually, but without actually having a clue... that's a long way from power seller material.

I guess we needed to nip it in the bud earlier, but that was definitely well handled by Glen and great detective work from Scott :)
tonyevans1
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by tonyevans1 »

Just as a point of interest the stamp he brought from lagygirly is NOT the one in the Ebay ad from her - this is the image in the ad.

Note the bottom perfs and bottom left corner :shock: .

I have emailed her saying I would be interested if she has more :wink:
If no one else collects Heligoland or UPU how come I have to pay so much ?????
admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

TonyEvans yes that obvious fact was established long ago. ;)

Pertinax .. well sleuthed re the bid shilling .. hope a few others join you in the shill reports to ebay so that BOTH accounts ge banned over there as a lesson to him. :idea:

Willis started banging on over at StampWants about getting banned here, and how he was pure as the driven snow and as innocent as Snow White.

They flayed him alive over there. :D

Mark the owner there just made this little comment. ;)

http://www.stampwants.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=62961& ... 29#p106929" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=========

Re: Inverted jenny or not?

by Mark on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:30 pm

I am locking this topic, as there is no point in carrying on this discussion. It is clear that these items are fake.

Additionally, if an obvious fake item were listed on StampWants as being "possibly genuine" the user would be suspended. Additionally, we have a zero tolerance for shill bidding. Any user who participates in shill bidding is also suspended. Further, StampWants (from our terms and conditions) "is intended to be a friendly, enjoyable and useful experience."

I would advise any user not to make posts similar to this one claiming fake stamps are genuine for any reason. It's not welcome here. Nor is misleading buyers in any way. Any listing which is setup to mislead a buyer is not "good advertising" and would result (and has in the past) in user suspension. This site is meant to be a safe place for all members, including buyers.

-Mark
The Pom
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by The Pom »

The 1st post on this thread:
First of all i would like to explain to everyone that I am quite dumb when it comes to stamps, but i am learning off of all the expert replies I am getting, so I would like to thank those whom reply before they do.

I bought a bag full of stamps (about 4KG) from a antique dealer and I am trying to sort a collection out for my son so later on in life he will have a head start, and not be a pizza boy like myself.
Fixed for truth:
First of all i would like to explain to everyone that I am quite dumb
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.
admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

I am trying to sort a collection out for my son so later on in life he will have a head start, and not be a pizza boy like myself.
To be a good liar, one needs to have a good memory.

We saw on another website his current business card - Willis appears not to have been a humble "Pizza Boy" - but a computer technician and Web designer. :twisted:
arls1
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by arls1 »

Excellent work Stampboarders. Yet another Con-Artist exposed.

Skippy, you weren't the fool. Willis is/was. You were just being helpful
as always.

Arlene
crosscrescent
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by crosscrescent »

Learnt a lot from this thread.
Also learned not to be too trusting.

Cheers
Andrew
fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

MOD HAT ON

I have been biting my tongue wanting to respond to Willis' comments on this and another Board (where I now understand he is also unwelcome and his thread has been closed there also) and have refrained from doing so, simply because I would be hitting a non-moving target - I would be attackingf a plastic duck with a howitzer if you like.

So, since he has now been banned here, and can no longer respond, any purpose this thread may have had is now moot. So, instead of responding, I decided to close the thread. Further discussion appears to be pretty pointless.

If another Admin. disagrees, feel welcome to reopen it.

MOD HAT OFF

Norm
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Well Willis8732 is no longer a member here as he was here solely to yank our chains, and was an outright fraud. We do not tolerate that.

And trying to palm off a USA 24c "Inverted Jenny" fake to someone here.

HOWEVER these fakes are DANGEROUS and are appearing all over the place - even in Sweden.

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25851
fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Global Administrator wrote:HOWEVER these fakes are DANGEROUS and are appearing all over the place - even in Sweden.

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25851
Well Swedish fakes appear all over. After all, Bjorn Again is an Australian band. :D

Norm

Return to “NO question is too basic or silly - you ask - we WILL help you with it!”